CHAPTER 1. ORGANIZERS AND OFFICIAL REGULATION OF THE CONTEST
The sports competition “RUBICON” (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”) is organized by the National Triathlon Sports Federation of the Republic of Moldova (hereinafter referred to as FTRM), in partnership with A.O. Clubul sportiv “Sporter” and the most popular classifieds board in Moldova www.999.md, administered by SIMPALS S.R.L.
The main goal of the FTRM is to promote sports and active lifestyle among Moldovan citizens, especially the triathlon discipline, and its components: running, cycling, swimming, as well as to involve the local community in promoting sports and their advantages.
Participants of the Contest must comply with the rules and terms of the Official Regulation of the Contest (hereinafter the “Official Regulation”). The Official Regulation is accessible to anyone at www.rubicon.run. By participating in this Contest, participants accept to comply with all provisions, rules and conditions set forth in these Official Rules.
Event goals and tasks:
- – Promoting healthy lifestyles.
- – Promoting tourism.
- – Popularization of athletics in the Republic of Moldova.
- – Familiarization with the regions of the country, their culture, history and customs.
- – Development of amateur sports in Moldova.
- – Involvement of the regions in the sports life of the country.
- – Unification of the country through a sports competition.
CHAPTER 2. TIME AND VENUE OF THE CONTEST
The Contest is due on 19-21 February 2021, starting February 19, 9:00, in the Giurgiulesti Port, and finishing February 21 in the central town square in Briceni.
The participants will be transported to the starting place, on request, by a special bus, which will depart from Chisinau (Riscani sector, in front of the Circus) at 04:30.
Both amateur and professional runners are admitted to the race. The participants in the competition should be familiar with the status of the given Regulation.
CHAPTER 3. CONDUCT OF THE CONTEST
The contest is intended equally for young people and adults, who will compete on the distances set by the organizers depending on age and fitness level.
Those wishing to participate in the contest should access the Registration page on the official website of the event www.rubicon.run before the specified deadline.
Modification of the route and cancellation of the race.
- In case of adverse weather conditions, the organizers reserve the right to change the route, time limits or even to stop/cancel/postpone the contest. In this case the participants will be informed by e-mail, and more detailed information will be displayed on the competition website.
- 3.2. Contest calendar:
- February 19
- 4:30 – Coach bus departure from Chișinău
- 8:30 – Arrival of the coach bus in Giurgiulesti port.
9:00 – Official start of the contest
- Running of the ultramarathon relay race on the Western route of the Republic of Moldova
- February 21
- 15:40 – Finish in Briceni
CHAPTER 4. PARTICIPATION FEE
- The following packages are available for participants in the race:
- 1 stage – 50 MDL,
2-4 stages – 100 MDL,
- 5-10 stages – 250 MDL
- 11+ stages – 400 MDL.
- CHAPTER 5. REGISTRATION AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- 5.1. Participants and conditions of participation
- IRegistration will take place from 20 January 2021 until 12 February 2021 (inclusively) on the website www.rubicon.run.
All those interested who are over the age of 16 will be able to participate.
The participation is limited: 150 people.
- Participants will be admitted to the race on the basis of documents, presented to the Registration Commission on the day of receiving the starter package.
- Documents refer to identity documents, confirming the age and citizenship of the participant (mandatory for all participants);
- The organizer reserves the right to refuse registration of a participant on objective grounds.
- 5.2. Participant starter package
- Rubicon participants will receive a participant starter package, which includes:
- – A start number;
- – A newsletter;
- – A timing chip.
*Important! The athlete receives the timing chip with the starter package, signing the declaration of responsibility. The chip offered for the competition is not returnable. In case of loss or damage of the timing chip, the athlete will receive another chip only after repeated registration and payment of the participation fee.
The starter packages will be distributed on 19 February 2021 at 4:30, for participants in the coach bus, or at 8:30 for participants who will arrive personally at the start line.
- 5.3. Withdrawal from the contest
- If the participant decides to withdraw from the contest, the participation fee will NOT be refunded. In this case, we recommend that you find a replacement, with the possibility of passing on the starter package.
- 5.4. Recording results
- The results of the race participants will be recorded by an electronic chip timing system.
The results according to the timing chips will be displayed the next day after the event.
- 5.5.2 Participation fee payment for legal persons:
- Legal persons may pay the participation fee by bank transfer or card. In order to request a participation payment account, the legal person must register all employees who wish to participate in the Contest, therefore, an online form is available on www.rubicon.run, with the transfer payment method included.
After all employees of the legal entity are registered in the form, an email with the company’s identification data and the list of participants should be sent to email@example.com. After the payment, the Organizer will confirm the employees registration.
When registering a group of >20 people, the 15% discount will be applied.
CHAPTER 6. ADMINISTRATIVE CONDITIONS
- 6.1 Exceptional administrative conditions
- Organizarea evenimentului revine FTRM și după caz partenerilor care se ocupa de organizarea evenimentului.
Competiția va beneficia de asistenta medicala pentru cazuri de accidentari care se va afla, după caz, în apropierea zonei de Start/Finish a etapelor.
- 6.2. Condiții administrative excepționale
- In case of exceptional situations, which hinder the safe conduct of the event (e.g. extreme weather conditions), the event will be postponed or canceled.
If the event is postponed for the reasons set out above, the participation fees are not refunded.
- 6.3. Administrative conditions (general)
- According to this Regulation, the Organizer will publically announce the winners of the Contest and the awarded prizes. The winners list will be published on the official website within a maximum of 7 days.
The Organizer is committed to keep confidentiality of personal data of the participants/winners of the contest and to use it in accordance with this Regulation, the Declaration of responsibility and the legislation in force.
Participants are forbidden to litter in the race area, otherwise, they will be disqualified. The garbage can be dropped in trash bins or in garbage bags provided by the Organizer in the start/finish zones or the route track. At the end of the race, the Organizer will ensure that the waste is removed and carried away in special areas.
It is prohibited to take part in the contest to persons who have alcoholic drinks/drugs or who are under the influence of these substances; persons carrying any kind of weapons, explosives and/or incendiary materials, substances with an irritating or tearing or paralyzing effect, taser or other objects, which can be used for violent actions or disrupting the normal course of the event. Persons, who violate these provisions, will be expelled by the Organizer from the event area, with the support of law enforcement agencies, if necessary.
The Organizer reserves the right to make changes in this Regulation before the race start date and commits to inform about the changes made on the official website and at the race venue.
- 6.4. First Aid – Ambulance.
- First Aid will be provided by the ambulance, made available by the organizers. In the event of injury to the runners, the pacemaker will notify the INSP escort cars, which will contact the medical services of the district through which the race runs, for immediate help to the participant. Runners who have withdrawn from the race are obliged to notify the organizers of their withdrawal.
- 6.5. Other provisions.
- Supporters (family members, friends) may stay close to the track, but out of it, in order to not hinder the normal course of the event. During the race, road traffic will not be stopped, but the column of runners will be escorted by cars of INSP.
If possible, the organizer will provide for:
- – medical care;
- – police crews, in accordance with the provisions of this Regulation.
- Organizer’s privacy commitment
- We strive to protect our website, services and users from unauthorized access or modification and from unauthorized disclosure or destruction of information we possess.
We will never disclose/sell confidential information to unauthorized third parties, and, by all available means, we will ensure that this information is secured.
- What kind of personal data does the Organizer collect?
By the registration form, the Organizer collects the following personal data: name, surname, date of birth, gender, e-mail, phone, identity ID number, IDNP and residence address.
- Where is this information stored?
- The data from the registration form is stored in the Organizer’s database.
- What is the data used for?
- The personal data from the registration form is used for the following purposes:
– to give the athlete a possibility to participate in the contest;
– to automatically fill in the Declaration of responsibility, which the participant has to sign;
– to provide useful information regarding the current and future events by e-mail;
– to automatically classify the participant to his/her age group.
Who has access to this data?
- Only the organizers mentioned in the Regulation have access to the data.
- CHAPTER 8. COVID-19 PREVENTION AND PROTECTION MEASURES
- 8.1. The event organizers will take all precautions associated with the spread of COVID – l9, to ensure the safety of participants.
8.2. The event organizers will measure the temperature of the participants, who in turn must wear a mask when starting and interacting with other participants, and will refuse the participation of athletes with symptoms of respiratory infection (cough, sneezing, rhinorrhea, sore throat, and fever higher than 37.3 C).
8.3. Participants in the RUBICON contest will be admitted to the race based on identity documents, accompanied by a declaration of responsibility for non-compliance with the sanitary-epidemiological norms and the measures for the prevention of COVID-l9 infection, signed by the participant and submitted on the day of receiving the start package. aAs well as the organizers of the event, the participants undertake to comply with the sanitary-epidemiological norms and measures for the prevention of COVID – l9 infection, including what follows from the Order of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Research no. 664 of 14 July 2020 and the Decision no. 43 of 13.01.2021 of the Extraordinary National Commission for Public Health.
8.4. The access of persons (athletes, coaches, doctor, media services, representatives of public order and security, firefighters) without a protective mask to the coach bus provided by the organizers is prohibited. The mask should be worn so that it covers both the mouth and nose. Wearing a protective mask and disinfecting hands at each stage of the competition is mandatory for all event participants.
8.5. Ensuring the health of all participants in the sporting event and the competitive process are a priority of the organizers, who are obliged to provide the necessary disinfectants throughout the event, both in transport and at all stages of the event.
8.6. Each athlete will use only personal items during the event (e.g. towel, water bottle, sports equipment, etc.). It is forbidden to exchange personal belongings.
8.7. All items used by several people (door handle of the coach bus, railings, floor, etc.), including sports materials and equipment will be periodically disinfected (every 3 hours) with disinfecting products and bioacids, authorized for this purpose.
8.8. Before the organization of the contest, disinfection will be performed in all means of transport belonging to the organizers. Access of the persons participating in the organization of outdoor sports competitions (athletes, staff members, doctors, media services, public order and security representatives, firefighters, etc.) will be staggered, in order to avoid congestion and ensure that social distancing is maintained.
8.9. Spectator access to the start, finish, and route track is prohibited.
- CHAPTER 9. IDENTIFICATION AND BANKING DATA
- A.O. National Triathlon Sports Federation of the Republic of Moldova
- Headquarters: 28/1 Calea Orheiului St., Chisinau, MD-2059, Republic of Moldova
- Working schedule:
- Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 18:00;
- Lunch break: 12:00 -13:00 / 13:00 -14:00;
- Rest days: Saturday and Sunday.
- Bank: BC “Victoriabank” S.A., fil.3,
- mun. Chișinău BIC: VICBMD2X416
- IBAN: MD93VI02224030000556MDL
- phone: +377 22-888-000
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- website: www.sporter.md; https://ftrm.md/ru/
- President – Dmitri VOLOSHIN
- Contact Person:
- + 373 79 996 985 – Olga Iurco
- Emergency number for the event: 079996942